Thursday 10 February 2011

Second Day

Second day since devastation hit. Had that meeting with my employers today - rushed in 5 mins late, threw off my coat and proceeded to say how sorry I am for everything, for being late and this total mess I am now in - not a good start really. But despite any fears I had over any work concerns, both of my managers was extremely understanding and empathatic, saying my job was held open for me no matter how long the recovery was. Questionable to the fiancial side as I have only been there for 4 months - I was assured this would be looked into. However it became clear that I would not be able to return to work for some time - I work as a staff nurse in a critical care environment, and due to the nature of some very complex patients as well as my own lowered immune system post surgery, this would leave me at risk for any infections. I came away from this meeting feeling relieved that I was respected enough for my job to he held open but also deflated as I wouldnt be able to continue as a nurse until complete recovery. Hopefully though I would be able to work doing something - even if its not in the nursing environment itself. Anyone who knows me is aware I like to keep my mind occupied. How is this going to work then - being a patient who hasn't any real patience? Hmm.. Anyway, just spent the last few hours re-reading the leaflets and books of information given - some of this has now sunk in. Questions..questions..'Take a note of any questions you have' is advised in the books - looks like I will have a pretty long list then. So, where's the paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment